NANOSMAT-USA honors and recognizes international scientists who have shown, during the course of their professional career, outstanding achievements in the fields of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
Following are the different methods for candidature nomination for the award:
- Members of the NANOSMAT Awards Committee can nominate candidates.
- Any senior and prominent scientist or researcher, belonging to an internationally recognised and established institution, can nominate any one candidate for the prize (one nomination per person). However, such nominations must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the proposer supporting the nominated candidate for the award.
Direct applications by the candidates
The candidates will need to email their updated CV´s covering the mentioned criteria (see below) to email@example.com
For the 2014 NANOSMAT Prize, the deadline for nomination submissions is 15 January 2014
NB: Late nominations will not be considered.
The candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
The candidate must be a senior (or young but very dynamic) scientist and a recognised leader in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology with a distinguished track record of original contributions in the NANO related field.
2) Research funding
It is essential that the scientist has an excellent track record of attracting financial support from funding institutes or centres to support their work.
The scientist must have published extensively in international peer reviewed and high impact factor journals (showing good citation index results).
The candidate's international scientific visibility/credibility consequent of his/her significant contributions and professional standing in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology need to be profound and apparent. Evidence of international professional standing would be judged based on factors such as, international invitations, books authored, edited books/journals, other major prizes, international honors (honorary degrees, titles), etc.
The scientist should be or have been engaged with innovative and cutting edge research. Scientists holding patents and involved with spin-out companies set up as a result of their work would be advantaged for this award.
NATURE OF AWARD
The prize will be composed of the following:
- Personalised Plaque
- Cash award
The award is presented at the NANOSMAT conference and announced on the official NANOSMAT website www.nanosmat-usa.com
A candidate can only receive the prize once and not more than this.
- The winner needs to attend the NANOSMAT conference in order to receive the prize.
- NANOSMAT PRIZE Lecture would be given by the recipient at the conference.
- The selection committee members cannot be considered for the award (unless they no longer sit in the selection committee).
- Unsuccessful candidates can be re-considered for the award the following 2 years. There are no limitations to the number of times you can apply for the award.
The NANOSMAT Awards Committee will review the applications (candidates CV) and select one successful scientist.